Thursday, January 21, 2010

S is for summer

Every year since I was seven I go to a camp called South Muskoka Sailing School.( SMSC for short.)
SMSC stared when the Muskoka Environmental comity was given a large plot of and decided to make it a camp. Which became SMSC. SMSC is run by teenager who are rather irresponsible but that made it super fun.

There is nothing much to the landscape except the fact that there is an area for the picnic tables in a circle so that announcements could be made. There are two docks on in the back and one in the front. The back one is very public and large so its not the best for just hanging out. Thats why we have the back deck for. Its much smaller and has a lot of sun so its really great. Another area is were we keep the sail boats. When I first came there were only a few sail boats but now we have so many that if you had to put the proper amount of people in each boat there wouldn't be anybody standing\ not in a boat.

You can start going when you are six turning seven or seven already. When that year came I was so excited. My brother had been going to the camp for two years and I had to stay home at my cottage or go to a stupid craft camp. Not fun.

The day that I started was the best day ever! It was super awesome because I knew every one from my stupid craft camp. I guess it kind of paid off, only kind of. Most of the people who have been there for at least three years have a nickname. Like my brother just last summer got the nickname Rob because two people now had the name Liam, and one was an instructor so he had to get one. One time, when they went to a sailing Regatta they registered him as Rob Roberts. Of course the lady at the registry didn't believe him and made him call his parents. They were aware so they just said it was true. (I never thought that they would just lie like that) Last summer was my forth year and i still don't have a nickname but most girls don't have one ( no reason)

I love my sailing school but when the end of the summer comes I always wish that it wouldn't come, even though I miss my school friends I don't like leaving all my friends. Its hard but I live. My least favorite part is when I try to tell my friends and they just seem so board like they don't care. Of course if the were talking to me about there summer I would do the same but I wish they could live through it to sometimes.

Well anyways,Life lesson: friends can be nice, friends can be mean but no matter what once a friend is a friend they will never not be.





No comments:

Post a Comment