Monday, January 25, 2010

C is for Ceilidh

When I was seven years old my family got a my dog Ceilidh. I wasn't planning on getting a dog although my family did talk about it. I always wanted a dog because I had a cat but having a very independent at the age of seven isn't the best.
 
Anyways, when my grandmother first got sick my dad would go up to Georgian Bay to visit her. Well one time when my dad went up he decided to visit my great aunt and see how she was doing. My great aunt had lot's of dogs in the past but since she was getting old she decided that her knew golden retriever shouldn't have to live with someone who couldn't take care of her probably.

When he walked up to her house she was on a phone call. It was to a family who wanted the dog but couldn't make it up to georgian Bay. Well my great is pretty particular, so she didn't stand this and made them understand that she meant business. She did make an acceptation because she knew they were a good family.

As my dad knocked on the door she just hung up the phone and ran for the door. My dad and her talked for a bit when my dad mentioned that I was in this whole state were I liked acting like a dog in rebelliousness against not having a dog. This made her laugh but it also made her think. "Why don't you take ceilidh if they don't come tomorrow." My dad was a little hesitant at first but knew it would make everyone happy. 

Well guess what... they didn't come so the next day my family and I all drove up to Georgian Bay and got Ceilidh. 

Well thats now we got ceilidh but to this day Ceilidh has been the best dog ever. As she is getting old at the age of seven I wonder what I would do without her. All that time I've spent playing with her and cheering her up. Also a the time she has spent with me cheering me up. All I can say is she doesn't bite she doesn't beg she doesn't bark. Even if she did she would still be perfect. 

Life lesson: Dog is mans best friend but man will always be dogs best friend forever. That is what makes friendship.   

No comments:

Post a Comment